The aim of the Community Fund is to offer an opportunity for customers to work together with neighbours and members of their community. You could, for example:
- Provide activities or events to bring the local community together, such as a coffee morning, yoga session, summer party or picnic
- Purchase items to improve the aesthetics of your area, such as benches, plants, hanging baskets etc.
Previous grants we have awarded include:
- A community Christmas party
- Large oak barrel planters, to provide a low maintenance area for residents to grow plants
- A six-seater table and chairs and several raised beds to create a community seating and garden area
If you think you have an idea for a project and could use some help from our Community Fund to make it happen, then follow our 6 simple steps to getting it done. You can also email email@example.com to find out more.
1. Pull together a rough idea of what it is you want to do and how you think it would work.
2. Speak to your neighbours about your idea and note down their thoughts. You never know, somebody may be thinking the same and want to help you.
3. Contact our Community Investment Officer on 0113 278 3335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the idea you would like to discuss. We will arrange a time to pop by and have a chat. Before you get in touch make sure you have thought about:
- How your community benefit from it and why?
- How is it going to work?
- When do you want to do it?
- If it will need upkeep down the line, how will that work?
4. The idea will then be discussed by our Community Fund Panel
5. We will then let you know if your idea has been successful or not and contact you to make the necessary arrangements to make it happen
Don't worry if your idea wasn’t successful this time. We will always let you know why and you can re-apply at any time.
Please see our Community Fund Customer Guidance for further details.