Contact us

Please use the form below to contact us. You can also take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions to help solve your query. 

Our telephone lines are open 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday - Friday. You can also email us at

If you need to contact us urgently outside of these times you can call our out-of-hours service on the same number 0113 2783335
Please note our out-of-hours service is for emergency calls only. Otherwise please call us again during our normal opening hours.

It's now easier than ever to find your LYHA contacts where you live. This includes your Neighbourhood Officer, your Income Officer and your Property Surveyor and how they can each help you. Simply insert your postcode here and it will bring up your key contacts.

Chat with us icon  Chat with us
Chat is currently unavailable, please call us on 0113 2783335 between 08:30 and 17:00 or use the webform below.


Tell us about your enquiry

Did you know you can report a repair and track a repair job's progress by logging into your myLYHA account? This could save you some time!

You can update your contact and other details by logging into your myLYHA account.

This could save you some time and will immediately be recorded on our system!

Did you know you can pay rent online, view your current balance and print a rent statement by logging into your account at myLYHA.?

This could save you time!

To make a complaint please complete the form on this page.

Did you know you can complete a Direct Debit application form online? - click here

Contact us
Enquiry details
Files must be less than 5 MB.
Allowed file types: jpg jpeg png pdf mov mp3.

Frequently asked questions

What repairs and maintenance responsibilities do I have as a shared owner?

If you’ve recently bought a home with us on a Shared Ownership basis, faults or repairs that arise during a fixed period of time after the home has been built (usually twelve months) are known as defects. To find out more about defects, please click here

After the 12-month defect period is over you will be liable for all repairs to your property both internally and externally. If your home is a flat, you will be responsible for all repairs and maintenance within the flat but LYHA will be responsible for any repairs and maintenance externally or within communal areas. 

Can I carry out improvements to my home?

Yes you can. Lots of jobs such as putting up shelves do not require our permission, however you must get our permission (prior to work starting) if you are undertaking any structural work and you will need to ensure you seek the relevant permissions from the council.

What is a service charge?

This is a monthly charge you pay in addition to your rent and/or mortgage payments.

The service charge varies from property to property. It can include items such as insurance and communal grounds maintenance (in the case of a house), plus communal cleaning, fire alarm testing and window cleaning, in the case of a flat. For Shared Ownership properties, you will also pay towards future major repair costs within the charge.

You will get a breakdown of the service charge prior to purchasing/renting the property so you understand what the cost is and what it's for. If you receive Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, it will often cover some or all of the service charge as well. 

To find our more please consult our factsheet: Understanding your service charge.

For further information about recent changes to your rent and/or service charge, please read our 'Rent changes explained' customer leaflet