We're seeking to recruit two new board members, with recent high level knowledge and experience of housing finance and accounting who can provide challenge and direction at a strategic level.
You will join our board of experienced professionals that set the strategic direction of our business which provides over 1,600 affordable homes, primarily within the Leeds and Barnsley areas.
Role 1 - Board Member and Chair of Audit and Risk Committee (ARC)
Salary £3,232 per annum plus expenses
Time Commitment: circa 2 days per month
Role 2 - Board Member with finance specialism
Salary £1,212 per annum plus expenses
Time Commitment: circa one day per month
The right candidates will be:
- Experienced in a leadership role as an executive or non-executive
- Able to command the respect of other Board members, staff and external organisations
- Flexible, fair minded and self-confident, with good listening skills
- Experienced in managing conflicts of interest
- Able to promote open debate and discussion and summarise conclusions
- Willing to be as accessible as possible
- Able to exercise independent judgement
- Highly experienced in Audit, Risk and Assurance (Role 1 - ARC Chair )
- Recent, high-level experience of accounting and treasury in Social Housing (Role 2 - Board member)
We are proud to have a diverse board that reflects our community and recognise the benefits of diverse thoughts and experiences. We positively welcome and support applications from all sections of the community.