As you will know, the government has announced a further national lockdown, beginning 5th January 2021. Naturally, this brings with it lots of challenges, worries and uncertainty.
We are optimistic that now the vaccine is here things will slowly start to improve, but unfortunately the first few months of 2021 will be tough.
If you need support, in whatever way, please don’t suffer in silence.
- All the team at LYHA are working as usual and we are here to support you. You can call us on Tel: 0113 278 3335 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require support or information in your area, please visit your local council’s website. We have listed them below and have also compiled a summary page of help available.
- If you are feeling anxious or worried about your mental health (of that of someone else) you can call The Samaritans on 116 123 or text SHOUT to 85258.
- For help and support regarding domestic abuse, visit: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/getting-help-for-domestic-violence/
Worried about debt?
Many households are facing additional financial stress due to the impacts of COVID-19 on jobs and livelihoods. It is our firm policy that we will not evict anyone that is experiencing financial hardship due to the current crisis. We ask that you prioritise paying your rent; if you are struggling to do this, please speak to one of our Income Officers as soon as possible. They can answer your questions, help maximise your income and signpost you to sources of support.
If you need help with your energy bills you should speak to your individual supplier in the first instance or you may be able to switch to a better tariff. Visit: https://www.gocompare.com/gas-and-electricity/ or https://www.moneysupermarket.com/gas-and-electricity/ for cost comparisons.
There is also government help available, including the Cold Weather Payment, Warm Home Discount Scheme (if you receive certain benefits) and/or the Winter Fuel Payment (if were born before 1954). For details of whether you are eligible and how to apply, please visit: www.gov.uk/browse/benefits/heating
We also have our own LYHA Customer Support Fund in place to offer assistance. To find out more, please speak to one of our Neighbourhood or Income Officers
Repairs/Visiting your home
LYHA has worked hard throughout the pandemic to keep all our customers, colleagues and contractors safe and this will continue to be our top priority.
- The latest Government guidelines allow for work to be carried out in people’s homes and we will prioritise emergency and urgent repairs, safety inspections and servicing. Non-urgent work may need to be deferred until the lockdown is over. If your repair request can wait until the lockdown eases, please consider whether you need to contact us just now.
- Please be assured all our team members and contractors are following Covid safe procedures.
- If you are due a visit from LYHA and have tested positive for COVID, are displaying any symptoms or are self-isolating for any reason, please inform us straight away.
Finally, one of the most encouraging things to come out of the COVID crisis so far has been communities coming together. Please continue to look out for one another and remember to follow the latest government guidance https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home