What we collect
Dependent on the service you require we may collect the following information:
• Full name and address
• Contact telephone number
• Email address
• Details of your enquiry
• Details of your complaint
• Personal details relating to your application for housing e.g. date of birth, National Insurance number for yourself and the other family members that require housing.
• Internet Protocol address and other web traffic and activity statistics e.g. pages visited, documents downloaded, search terms used in search engines etc.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To process an application for housing.
• To improve our services to residents and applicants.
• To improve our website.
• To enable us to contact you by phone, email, text message or letter in response to your request.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research and surveying purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, text message or letter.
By completing the online application for housing an applicant or joint applicants are consenting to:
The information iprovided being used to detect and/or prevent fraud.
Agree to the information being held by LYHA and processed in computer and other records.
Agree to LYHA verifying the information on this form at anytime, we may check it with, or pass it on to, organisations such as;
- Local Authorities
- Current and former landlords
- GPs and other medical practitioners
- Banks and building societies
- Credit reference agencies.
- Any other relevant organisation for purpose of assessing your application for housing.
Agree to allow LYHA to carry out an affordability check of your household using our online tool Insight
If any of the information you give on this form or from references is false or wrong, we may reject your applications. If we find out after you have been given a home, we make take steps to re possess the property.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All sensitive data is collected on secure web pages.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. However, once you follow these links and leave our site, you should be aware that as we do not have any control over the other website we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you may provide. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
The personal information that you give to us via our website will only be used by LYHA.
We will only retain the information for as long as is necessary to provide the service that you have requested.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about using a Subject Access Request. We will reply within 1 month.
If you would like a copy of the information we hold please write to 3rd Floor, White Rose House, Otley Road Headingley, Leeds, LS6 2AD or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.